Mendip Table Skittles League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mendip Table Skittles League

Forum for Somerset skittlers

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Latest time to start a match

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Fred
Admin

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2007-02-06

Latest time to start a match Empty
PostSubject: Latest time to start a match   Latest time to start a match Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2007 3:15 pm

The rules say that all matches must start at 8.30 pm - BUT THEY DON'T! How late does an away team have to turn up for the home team to claim the match by default? 8.45? 9.00? 9.15?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mendiptableskittles.co.uk
Neil Devereux

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Latest time to start a match   Latest time to start a match Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 6:34 am

I think 9.00 should be the deadline for having at least one pair ready to go with the expectation that another pair will be ready by the time the first 3 legs are over etc. Although I'd hope the home team would be reasonable if the away team had a genuine excuse.
Back to top Go down
Steve Dodd

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Latest time to start a match   Latest time to start a match Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2007 2:47 pm

I agree with Neil - 9pm as an absolute cut off.

I would expect a team being that late would have made some contact out of courtesy anyway by that stage.

This would be very rare I would imagine but some clarity would help - would the committee be prepared to make a ruling on this ?
Back to top Go down
smiler

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Latest time to start a match   Latest time to start a match Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 11:42 am

I agree with Neil.
There's a first time for everything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Latest time to start a match   Latest time to start a match Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Latest time to start a match
Page 1 of 1